Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Underwater Extravaganza

Thanks to the BBC website, I found a great article in which I found great interest. This website gives a great insight on not only African news, but its culture, economy, politics, and entertainment. In this website I found the article "An Underwater Hotel Opens In Africa". This gained my interest mainly because it is a place to travel in Africa which may be complex to find in some areas. This article explains of an underwater hotel that was recently built in Tanzania's Zanzibar Archipelago on Pemba Island. This hotel is basically a condo in the middle of the ocean that goes up to four meters below the water. The downstairs portion is the bedroom with windows where you would see sea life through the glass. For example, a trumpet fish named Nick and the area is notorious for spotting squid and octopi. Along with the room, upstairs the visitors may jump off of their front porch to swim in the ocean. Upstairs also includes the bathroom of the hotel and lounge area. On the roof of the hotel is a pair of beach chairs to watch the stars at night or catch some melanin to get a nice tan for your skin or to simply enjoy the sun.

I found this article particularly interesting because of how unique it was to the website itself. On the website I linked before I saw stories of attacks, sickness, and disaster. When I simply scrolled down I came across an underwater paradise that was built. Not many people see Africa as a travel destination because of dangerous wildlife, sicknesses, and killings in Africa. I also wanted to add that not many hotels would have an underwater room; this mainly, is a reason as to why I would choose to go to a hotel like this. Maybe building this hotel would bring more of an attraction if promoted. The purpose of this blog is to gain a positive outlook on traveling to Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment